Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Sweet

Hello everyone, I hope everyone is having as beautiful weather as we are here today, this Indian Summer is awesome and feels amazing! It sure makes outdoor activities quite enjoyable, and with the leaves slowly starting to change, I have the most beautiful view from my scrap room. It's such a cozy spot!!

I have another layout to share with you today using Prima's Rossibelle Collection. This paper is quite gorgeous and the bright colors and foils are quite stunning! I had a lot of fun creating with this paper.....my only regret is I did not purchase much of it to begin with and will need to order more as I just really loved it! This layout is a photo of my youngest daughter, she is such a sweet lil thing and was most definitely my muse for this layout!

 
I always start my layouts by collecting my supplies....Which is quite a process. I have everything separated by like kind. so what I tend to do is go thru each section such as ribbon, stamps, bling, chipboard, ect. and grab what I think I might use on my layout.....so by the time I'm done shopping thru my supplies for goodies to go on my page....my desk is full. The funny thing is, I usually only use 60-70% of what I drag out, thus leaving me to put away the excess supplies I dragged out. I'd love to hear how you guys go about collecting supplies for your pages....do you make a mess like me or do you know exactly what you want prior to starting??
 
After collecting my supplies, I began by layering coordinating papers and doilies behind my photos until I achieved the look I was going for. I then distressed all my papers using my Invild Bolme Distress tool, I like to peel back random edges of the papers to show coordinating papers beneath, like I mentioned yesterday, I think it gives it a real aged, weathered look!
 
 
Once all my layering and distressing was complete, I began working on my chipboard which I believe is from Imaginarium. At first I used acrylic paints to paint the frame a copper color to help pull out the beautiful copper colored foils splashed about the paper, but, it never quite looked right to me.....I think it may have 'popped' almost too much so I used some gesso and white acrylic paint to give it a softer look and instead used some copper colored Flourish with a Bling pearls around the edges of the frame.
 
 
For my next chipboard (sorry, unsure of the brand I bought it years ago from my LSS in an unmarked baggie), I decided to use the copper colors to pull out the copper color foils on the paper. I first used copper acrylic paint then used some stickles thickly over the whole chipboard to give it some sparkle.

Once I finished my chipboards, I set them aside to dry and began fussy cutting some flowers, butterflies and a tag from an extra page with the same print. I tucked the flowers throughout the Prima flowers. I also cut out the tag from the mid upper left side since my photo covered the original one and placed it atop where it should be and my photo using pop dots for a dimensional look. I added a hemp cord bow as well as a butterfly cut and stickled from this collection.


I then added a bow using a technique I've love doing....you can find an older tutorial of mine HERE. I also used some leaves I made from using a Heartfelt Creations Stamp. I also intertwined a bit of cheeseclothe here and there to give some added textures and dimension. I finished off my layout by giving everything a light coating of white wash using acrylic paint as well as some splatterings also done with acrylic paint.

I hope you liked my layout and found my post helpful, if you have any questions you can email me at cj7evans@yahoo.com. I love reading your comments so let me know what you think. I'm looking forward to adding some more creations sometime next week, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment