Tuesday, July 17, 2012

TCR Palette #116 / FWAB

Omgosh I cannot believe I am just getting to blogging this, we have been so busy enjoying our Summer, I can't seem to keep up!

I guess in this case better late than never??
Before I share my layout with you, let me explain how I came about creating it.....
a couple of weeks ago I was up late scrapping and happened to be chatting online with one of very good scrappy friends.....I had played and played with this palette from
The Color Room

Palette #116 {Her Room} Feature Art

However my mojo had apparently left the building, I was feeling like my creations were all begining to look the same and I needed a fresh idea.
My online scrappy friend suggested we each give each other a sketch challenge.....unfortunatley I didn't save the one she'd found for me, but it was exactly what I needed to get the ball rolling.

Apparently so much so that my layout was featured for
The Color Room's Top 5
using this particular color palette!

Maybe I should try this more often!?!?!

Without further ado, this is what I came up with

 
This is a layout of  my sweet lil girl, also my youngest child.....she loves posing for the camera and I think the camera loves her as well!

I used a combination of paper collections to ceate this page, including
My Minds Eye Miss Carolina Collection
Fabscraps Rustic Collection
As well as a random scrap, for the layer behind my photo

I used my Invild Bolme Distress Tool to rough up the edges and give it that grungy look that I love so much, before I started layering my goodies on.

This a close up of the flower cluster, my bling and bow beneath my photo. Before I go any further though, check out the flourishes at each side of the flower cluster
These might just be my favorite part of the whole layout!

FWAB Jasmine Puffy Flourish Latte - Click Image to Close

I simply snipped them up a bit, so that I was able to spread them out throught my page!
I truely love the way they seemed to add that amazing finishing touch to my flower cluster!

To check out your own Flourish With A Bling Products
click HERE

The flowers are a mixture of
Zva
Prima
I Am Roses

They are placed over the top of a generous layer of cheesecloth for some added interest and texture.
I white washed them all using some white acrylis paint to tone them down a bit and give them a more shabby look.




I also wanted to share a close up of the flower cluster in the lower right corner, also filled with layers of cheesecloth and flowers! I also included a Martha Stewart scalloped journaling spot as well as a cute chipboard sticker from My Minds Eye Miss Caroline Collection!

I hope you loved my page as much as I do!
Thanks for stopping by!
Happy Scrapping!


1 comment:

  1. What a fab LO!! Love the gesso brushed flowers and drippiness on the paper!! ~ Blessings

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete