Wednesday, July 18, 2012

TCR #117

Once again I am behind in my blogging, wow lazy summer days really seem to be taking a toll on me!  I am about 2 weeks late in posting this, but better late than never I guess....

I created a layout based on
The Color Room's Palette #117

Palette #117-{Her Room} Inzpira Magazine
When I first saw tis palette I wasn't sure if I was going to play along that week, because the palette was a little more bright than what I was used to......however I was motivated at how awesome my layout from the week before came out using a TCR Palette, also by th efact that I'd just recieved a box of goodies from Websters Pages which included some yummy Girland Collection (the pink diamond patterned paper) Once I had decided to move forward in creating with this color palette I was still left with the question of what photo I had in my stash that would work......while digging around and mulling over possibilities I came accross the one shown on my page below. It's a school photo of my oldest daughter......I had it tucked away because once again the color palette in the photo kinda scared me a bit...however it seemed to be the perfect option for this palette



Like I mentioned above, this is a photo of my oldest daughter, although not my fav picture of her, it still worked wonderfully with this color palette.
The papers are a mixture of My Minds Eye Miss Caroline, White Cardstock, as well as Websters Pages Girl Land Collection.
I distressed, misted, and piled on the gesso on all my layers as well as smearing some irredesant paint in random areas to give things a bit of highlighting.

I am running short on time, sorry guys I will not be psting close up's today...

But I hope you've enjoyed my page anyway!


1 comment:

  1. So gorgeous!! Love the softness the gesso and paint drips give!! ~ Blessings

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete