Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Scrap Your Crap

This is a little late, I have been swamped since I've returned from vacation and now trying to getready for another in 3 weeks!

But better late than never right, lol!!

Scrap Your Crap's challenge this month's challenge is to use washi or masking tape on one of your projects
(first time for me)

I was a little nervous about this chal;lenge, because I actually am not a huge fan of washi tape, so I pondered and pondered, wondering what in the world I was gonna do...then I had that AHH HAH moment!

I decided to place the tape on a plain white piece of cardstock so that I could punch the tape with a leaf punch!! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the look it gave, and will probably be trying it again in the future!


SO VERY UNIQUE
This is a layout of my husband, I titled it So Very Unique, because that is totally him, lol. I don't know another person on this planet like him, lol. He is silly, funny, crazy, outgoing, and marches to the beat of his own drum and I love him more than anything!

I used My Minds Eye mixed with some Lilly Bee Design's and Webster's Pages paper for this page, which I scissor distressed to give it that vintage grungy look that I'm so fond of. I did some simple border stitching around the edges of the teal accent paper behind the photo to add a little character and dimension.

 This close up shows off my flower cluster along with one of my punches tape leaves, placed gently behind the vintage key that I painted white, inked and stamped to give it a whimsical vintage feeling. I then placed the beads around the cluster to give it more deminsion and texture. You may also notice the bicycle poking out from the top right side of the flower cluster, this is also a peice of the tape. The tape is Tim Holtz Idea-ology tissue tape by the way, very neat to work with! To add detail to my page, I used a peice of the paper that I trimmed from the edges to punch out some hearts, which I then used a white pen on the teal one to doodle a dotted border around the edge to help it stand out more prominately. I also did this around the inside edge of the doily above the photo with liquid pearls.


 This close up shows off the layered paper behind the photo, is which is stitched and distressed like I mentioned above!


 This is a close up of the left side of the photo, I wanted to show how I used the bottom part of the paper (the back side of the label that you usually cut off and throw away) as part of my page...it's the graph printed middle layer of the border. Above this is more Tim Holtz tissue tape.


Lastly but not least the tiny flower cluster I placed above the photo...I wanted to show a close up of some more of the punched tape leaves!

I hope you have enjoyed my layout, and are inspired to use some tape on your own creations!
To play along with us at Scrap Your Crap click HERE

1 comment:

  1. Certainly no crap here! Just great! Love the dotted paper.

    ReplyDelete