Sunday, February 5, 2012

C'est Magnific Sketch Challenge

Hi scrappy friends!!!
I have another layout to share with you today!

Nadia Canizo has been generous enough to provide C'est Magnific with one of her wonderful sketches for their monthly sketch challenge, which I love by the way!

Image



Here is my take on this sketch:


This is a layout of my girls and I from August 2010, I am usually not very fond of photo's of myself, but I really really like this one quite a bit!

I used a mixture of Prima and Simple Stories papers on this layout. I did some simple border stitching and scissor distressing around the edges to give it that grungy tattered look that I am so fond of!

I am still not sure how I feel about those bright red floral pics....they look a little outta sorts and I am really considering yanking them....

The flowers are all handmade from a sewing pattern, some organza as well as a piece of lace. I topped each off with a pretty cordinating button.

I used old coffee to stain the doily to give it an antiquaited vintage look. I placed the clock sticker in the center of that doily from the Simple Stories collection.

A close up of the title, journal spot and floral stickers also feom the Simple Stories collection.

Here is a close up of the many layers I added for depth, I used border punches, lace and as well as faux lace punched stickers also from the Simple Stories collection. You may also notice my cream border stitching at the top.

I hope you have enjoyed my page, thanks for stopping by!

Happy Scrapping!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this is really pretty. I just love your handmade flowers, wish I were that talented!! Nice work with the sketch too :)

    ReplyDelete