Thursday, September 8, 2011

Sassy LIl' Sketches Reveal Day

Sorry this is posted late, I've had sick kiddos at home.

 I just love working with Cherie and Katie and all the other talented DT members and the members are so wonderful they make it so worth while! I just love this site, everyone is so wonderful and welcoming, if you have never checked out Sassy Lil Sketches, I HIGHLY RECCOMEND you do, the sketches are amazing and the community is so great and the site has so much more to offer other than just sketches! Wonderful finds are posted daily!
CHECK IT OUT!


Here is the sketch for this week, I had a ton of fun playing with it, it allows for alot of creativity and options!
Keep in mind Sassy Lil Sketches just released their brand new EBook last mont chaulk full of 70 brand new sketches and some designer samples to go along with it, so if you love this sketch and want more you can find more info. here!
Image

Without further adieu here is my take on this weeks sketch:


First off sorry for the shadows......the lighting just stunk the last few days....

The background paper is GCD Studios paired with some black Bazzil carstock and K&CO as well as a touch of My MInds Eye! I love different brands and collections work well together! The photo is of my gorgeous SIL!



I used my scissor edges to score all the dges of the paper to give it that torn distressed look which is new FAV of mine right now! This simple technique, but you have to go slow til you get the hang of it so as not to tear the paper, you also may want to choose to use scissors that are less aharp to avoid slicing your fingers....I prefer to use plain ol' school scissors. I just use one side of the scissors and use a scrapping motion and have found if I move toward the inside of the paper instead of going in a downward motion with the scissors, I tear the paper less and get a more grungy effect. Tim Holtz has a tool that will give this look as well, I just haven't gotten around to purchasing it yet!



 I used some Prima journaling spots on each side of the photos with the black buttons placed on either side that I was lucky enough to find at a local thrift store! Thrift stores can be amazing places to find hidden scrappy treasures! Next time your out and about pop your head in your own thrift store and see what you can find! I bet you don't walk out empty handed!



The flowers are actually silk, mixed with some leaves I created using a Marvy Uchida punch and Tim Holtz Distress Ink! Silk flowers work well on scrappy pages if you try to use ones that are not as bulky....these are a little bulky however when pressed flat like they will in an album they look just fine. Another trick to keep your flowers from flattening is to store your albums upright rather than lying down flat.



Last but not least the title was cut using my Cricut, I believe it was the Home Decor cartridge and the butterflies were made with a generic punch! I used a small punch paired with a mini punch to give the butterflies a little bit of dimension.


September Sponsor:

Layouts must be uploaded below by October 5th, 11:59 P.M. EST to be eligible for the September random prize drawing*.


Specific rules for both Sassy Lil' Sketches site can be found on our Sassy Lil' Sketches "Rules" page.

I hope you have enjoyed my layout and thank you for stopping by, I love your comments!!


No comments:

Post a Comment