Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Sassy LIl' Sketches Reveal Day / Adore Layout

Today is reveal day for Sassy LIl' Sketches

Check out this week's wonderful sketch


Be sure you stop by and check out what the Designer's have put together for you this week and upload your own take of the sketch with Mr Linky before October 5th and you will be entered for a prize drawing from our sponsor:


September Sponsor:


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOW FOR A LIL SHARING

I am sooooo proud of this layout I created last week, I really had alot of fun playing with it and trying new things. I am on this new kick of trying to bring out the most possible from every layout I create.....it take s alil extra time, but it's worth it! However I did make one huge blunder on this page....can you spot it?


The photo here is of my oldest daughter on her 9th birthday. Gosh that seems so long ago now, she's growingt up so fast already in jr high! Check out that missing tooth on the bottom, lol I miss those days with her, I wish I could keep her my baby forever!


The mirror behind the photo is from Webster's Pages Ladies and Gents collection and uis what inspired this whole page. I knew i wanted to do something with the mirror but I wasn't quite sure what. I kinda just let the layout take me where it ewanted to go.
I am still using up alot of older paper stacks......it seems my trend is to buy new lines...hoard them away and use the older stuff?!?!? This background paper is from an old K&CO line I believe.....I love the pattern on it...so french looking! I roughed up the edges and did some minor doodling around the edges.



The brown music sheet paper us actually cardboard that I did a messy stamp job on. Some of you may know I am not a stamper at all....I rather consider myself to be HORRIBLE at it....but I liked the look of this and the messy feel just blended in....and I am practicing at stamping too.....so maybe you will see something cool from me with stamps in the future?!?!? We'll see. The pinkish tan patterned paper layered over the cradboard is from an older My Minds Eye collection and the gingham frame above the paper is so old I don't even know what brand it is. I bought it back in 2006.......As I mentioned above I made a huge blunder on my page......if you look above the photo and to the left of the mirror you will see a white spot.....the photo was actually supposed to go above this so as not to show the white paper behing the gingham frame. I think I may have put the doily to low therefore confusing the photo placement.....I hate when you love a page but have an eyesore when it's all done, lol.




The flowers are a combo of flowers fussy cut from the original Webster's Page's paper, some punched flowers and some older Prima's. The Grateful title is Teresa Collins. If you look really close you can see my stick pin on the right side of the mirror.



This is the left side of the layout and you can see I added another small cluster of flowers here along with a Prima journaling spot and finished it off with a small strand of pearls. I added these because if you look on the mirror theres a strand draped over the top. The leaves are actually another stamp I used on green cardstock and then fussy cut....I think they turned out just great.



The title is from the Home Decor Cricut cartridge. I loved how the black just popped off the page.



Hope you enjoyed my page
TFL
Happy Scrapping
xxxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment