Friday, September 30, 2011

My Last DT Layout With Sketchabilities!

Can you believe it? It's that time already, my term is done with Sketchabilities and it seems like I just started! I am so happy that I got the opportunity to work with Karen and all the other talented DT's, it's been an amzing adventure! Also good luck to the new DT, I can't wait to see what you do!!!

Without further adieu here is this weeks beautiful sketch:


SKETCH



Here is my take on this week's gorgeous sketch:


The photo is of who else but my photo genic camera hog oldest daughter! I cannot believe how much she loves being photo'd her father and I absolutely loathe the camera in our faces!

I used an older K&CO collection here, yep still trying to weed out all the stuff I have been hoarding! But the papers are just so gorgeous and I cannot believe I've waited til now to use em......You can see that my new trend of distressing ecerything I can continues here in this layout! I wanted to create a little more of a country feel to this page...not sure if I quite accomplished that but I love the results anyway!

The flowers are mostly handmade, paired with some brown Prima's, all topped off with bling!. If you look real close you can see that I cut some hearts out of burlap and tucked them here and there. You will also notice that I distressed some of the flowers.....now this is s time consumming job I might add....I love the results but as I've said before patience is not my virtue!

Here is a close up of the gold lattice patterned sticker, I purchased this at my LSS ans it's actually just a generic brand, but I thought the color worked well here.

I believe the mini alpha stickers are KI Memories....I will double check this, I used my cricut to cut the word Beautiful out and just went arount the edges with some distress ink on a cutip to get the edges a lil grungy looking. You can also see the burlap I used behind the photo. If you just cut the size you need amd fray the ends a lil it really gives a gorgeous look to your page! If you look in the top right hand corner you will notice some music notes....I just used gold ink and randomly stamped these here and there on the page, I kinda like the look! I also have more handmade flowers above the Prima journal spot. Speaking of this spot I wanna share a quick tip with you.....we all know that scrapping is an expensive hobby and can be unforgiving on the wallet! You can make these or any spot go further by cutting them in half......I was using the whole thing and placing a whole half side behind papers or photos pending where and how I used them...and I was thinking what a waste.....so I started cutting them in half!

Ok here is my VERY FIRST ATTEMPT of using alcohol inks.....I have had a pack forever and I wanted to try em out! now I know they wont work on reg paper and will just soak right in....so I wanted a grungy look anyway so I first coated the cage in embossing paste after I cut the bird that was already inside the cage out very carefully. After I used the heat tool to dry the cage I went to town with the inks and then when those were dry I hit the cage here and there with a silver ink pad for a more metalic look. I'm still not convinced I used the ink right but the cage looks good anyway....I will have to investigate these inks some more! I replaced the ugly bird that was on the inside with this pretty K&CO birdie....pretty huh!!

Well that about sums this page up ladies, I hope you enjoyed, thanks for visiting and I love to read your comments!


XXXXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment