Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Repeat Layout's..........Get Out Of THe Same Old Rut!!!!!!!

Well I have been given a challenge from Jessica Bree over at CREATIVE SOUP http://creativesoup.forumotion.com/t1298-i-small-challenge-for-all-of-you

She urged us to take a look at our projects and see the things that seem to keep popping up in each of the layouts we create. This is a great challenge for me because I can definitely say I am horrible at this. I create 1 layout that I love and I recreate the hell out of it over and over, until it looks as if that's all I know how to do, lol. So I am going to except her challenge and examine my recurrences and see if I can push myself to start scrapping outside of the box a little less in my comfort zone! My goals from this challenge is to change up my pages, to give them a fresher look and show that I can do more than just one type of layout, lol use ALL of my supplies instead of hoarding them and to possibly find new products and techniques to work with so that I expand my options!!!

Here is a link to her blog where she has blogged about her own recurrence's: http://jessicabree.typepad.com/weblog/2011/03/what-things-are-part-of-your-style.html

This might be interesting so let's begin! I am going to look at just 35 of my pages and see what re-ocurrence's appear over and over. (Sorry in advance a handful of the pics aren't the best quality, but I'm to lazy to rephoto them right now and you can still she the obvious from the images)

First off I wanna start with the obvious....FLOWERS, my pages these days don't seem to stand a chance without them. I love em and I pile as many on as I can fit and when I can't use them I get the same feeling as you would walking down main street naked, lol!!! The few pages that I do create without flowers I usually end up HATING! However there has been a few pages I've done recently without flowers that I love, but not many. I'm not even sure if I have one GIRL layout in the last 5 months that omit flowers........



































SEE FLOWERS FLOWERS AND MORE FLOWERS!!!! I even stuck flowers on my poor husbands page!!!!!


Here are the few non frilly pages that I do happen to love:


















Another trend I notice is that I have to have black or brown as my base. You hardly ever see a white or soft color base on my layout's.











There's actually even more but they are either CT project's or out for pub and I can't post em sorry!


Another reoccurring trend is that I seem to place a photo in one or the other corner, flowers grace the edge and then more flowers at the opposite corner on top to balance out the page.













Doilies seem to be another go to for me, I love them so much, they make everything so soft, girlie and frilly.




                                     















I also have LOVE LOVE LOVE me some ribbon and a pretty bow, what screams feminine more than a bow???
















Last but not least out of these 35 layouts I wanna divide them up by color to see what color(s) I go to most.


PINK'S











BLUE'S







BROWN'S









GREEN'S








ORANGE'S





OTHER








Ok so this was definitely an eye opener for me!!! I knew there would be alot of repeats on my pages as I said above, but there was MUCH MUCH more than I expected! I definitely plan to try some new stuff!!!! I hope I've inspired you to examine your own page's for reoccurring trends and maybe even blog about it too! I'd love to take a look if you do so leave me a link! Thanks for looking!!!!

Thanks Bree for the inspiration!

1 comment:

  1. Actually, I like the things that you repeat! I confess to repeating a lot of things, too. I'm not ready to give it up yet, though. If a particular technique or color combination brings you joy and makes creating fun for you, then I say go for it!

    ReplyDelete